Finn And The Swirly Spin
Netent takes you on a helter-skelter journey to the shores of Ireland, where Finn the Leprechaun is waiting to help you share his pot of gold. This NetEnt slot packs in more bonus features than you could possibly imagine, and also populates the reels in a particularly novel way.
The reel set measures five-by-five, and with each spin that you take, the reels “swirl” towards the centre, allowing you to create wins both vertically and horizontally. Each winning combination that is formed causes the symbols that contribute towards it to disappear, allowing new ones to take their place and hopefully create new wins.
When it comes to the bonus features, there are four random ones that can be awarded on any spin and add extra wilds, destroy symbols to create an avalanche, grant guaranteed wins, and upgrade symbols. In addition, you can pick from one of four fun free spins features.
Why we love it
As there are only six symbols used in the game, the potential to win prizes is enhanced, and with the help of the wild symbol which appears after every win, you can create further winning combos as the wild knocks out all of the symbols surrounding it.
Collecting keys is a big part of the playing experience, and the more you gain, the better the free spins bonuses you’ll be able to access. Although the Golden Pot Bonus only grant you two free spins, the symbols are worth much more.
And, let’s not forget about the glorious graphics that NetEnt has used in Finn and the Swirly Spin. For starters, they’re 3D, and secondly, they’re animated. Finn the Leprechaun stands at the bottom-left playing his whistle while the rushes and nearby trees sway gently in the breeze. Over the hills in the distance, fluffy white clouds slowly drift past a vibrant rainbow, and tiny magical orbs circulate across the screen as you play.
HOW TO PLAY FINN AND THE SWIRLY SPIN
● Set your preferred bet amount by choosing from the available selection, starting with 0.01 and ending with 2.00.
● Select from Levels 1 to 10 to play.
● You can place the highest possible bet with all paylines enabled by clicking MAX BET.
● The optional Auto-Play facility spins the reels automatically 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 250, 500, 750 or 1,000 times.
● You can view the rules and paytable prizes by clicking the ‘I’ button.
FREE SPINS KEY SYMBOL
When you start spinning the reels, a key symbol is added to the bottom-left position, and it moves nearer the centre with each new win that’s created. Once the key reaches the middle of the reels, it triggers the Free Spins Bonus.
Each time the Free Spins Bonus is triggered, a key is added to the key meter. And, although you can pick your own Free Spins feature, you need to have collected a certain number of keys to access them.
The little gold star can replace all symbols except keys, but it is only generated when a win without any wild symbols is formed. When a wild contributes towards a winning combo, it removes all of the adjacent symbols to allow an avalanche to occur.
Sticky Wins are only ever seen in the Lava Lair Free Spins Bonus, and they cannot be destroyed.
Finn and the Swirly Spin boasts four special features that can be randomly awarded on any spin:
● STARFALL WILDS – adds at least two wilds to the reels, and if it fails to create a win, more wilds are added until a win is formed;
● DRAGON DESTROY – destroys a series of random symbol to create an avalanche;
● MAGIC TRANSFORM – turns all hearts and spades into one high-value symbol;
● IRISH LUCK – a guaranteed win is created by one vertical or horizontal line being turned into matching symbols.
FREE SPINS BONUS
● THE STAR BAR – Costs 1 key and awards 7 free games with the Starfall Wild feature;
● LAVA LAIR – Costs 4 keys and awards 3 free games with the Dragon Destroy feature;
● LUCKY MUG – Costs 9 keys and awards 4 free spins with the Irish Luck feature;
● GOLDEN POT – Costs 16 keys and awards 2 free spins with the Magic Transform feature.
Return To Player
RTP is 96.33%. Malfunction voids all plays and payouts.